Our Program Activities
- Onion production: Introduced kharif onion training among the all FIG members as alternative livelihood that facilities to farmers produce off season onion and which have the high price.
- Food processing: Set up food processing unit by organizing training among the female members with a special focus on Tomoto and chilly .
- Cole crop production: In our block farmers are interested in various Cole vegetable and grow huge colocasia.
- Soil testing: Soil testing training was organized to help farmers to better understand the soil health.
- Ground Nut: Support Farmers to grow improved variety of ground and market linkage through FPO.
Our Unique Selling Proposition (USP):
- Our collective approach is our biggest power. We consider the concept of collective purchase and collective selling as best way to reduce the problem of farmers. 1008 farmers having total land holding of 4000 bighas are members of our Farmer Producer Company (FPC)
- Our establishment is ideal for entrepreneurs or companies who are promoting or are interested in contract farming of any agricultural/ horticulture crops. We seek for partnership with such companies.
Convergence with Government Programs
- Govt.training on food processing
- Soil test
- KCC card
- Small agri equipments
- Machinery hub
- Machinery Hub: Project submitted to Govt. for setting up of machinery hub in the village to minimize the cultivation cost of the FPO farmers.
- Tomato food processing unit: Plan to set up processing unit under the brand of the FPO with the support of Govt. of WB.
- Cultivation of high value crop under shed net: To give better earning to the farmers high value crops are selected for production under shed net.